Welcome to Anime Alphabet! An icon-related community where you create a set of twenty-six icons that correspond to the letters of the alphabet on the anime/manga claim of your choice! The ones governing it all are dark_angel869 [Active], del_kaidin [Inactive], & marysia [Active].
S Y S T E M
01.JOIN! Easy neh? You cannot post unless you're a member. However, you can view and comment on the icons with simply friending the community if you wish to do that instead. Though we still encourage you to join, simply because :)
02. Choose a subject(s) and submit your claim(s) here. Go to the same post also to view the claims that have already been taken. If your claim(s) are still available, comment to grab it up! A single subject may be claimed by two members. You may have two claims at once, but extra claims do not receive any time extensions. Please make sure you've joined the community before you submit your claim(s), otherwise it will be rejected.
03. Once your claim is approved, you may begin posting. You have 14 days from the day your claim is approved to complete your icons. Extensions are available depending on the circumstances. IMPORTANT: If you have not completed your claim within the two-week deadline, your claim may be removed.
04. Create an alphabet set of your claim. Each icon must have one letter of the alphabet as its theme, with no repeats. You do not need the letter itself on your icon, but you must specify what the theme is. The theme should be understandable.
05. After you've completed your icons, comment in the Claim to Fame post (Which contains a list of already completed claims from other users). A banner acknowledging your claim will be made if you wish for one (Click and comment here to request for one).
R U L E S
01. You may claim any anime or manga series; be it either a single character, a pairing, or general series.
02. You may claim up to two (2) subjects at any given time. However, please remember that time extensions will not be granted to users with multiple claims (Though that is subject to change depending on the community's participation status).
03. Each subject can only have two owners at a time. If your subject is taken, you may apply for another one or ask to be placed on the waiting list until your claim is completed by one of the two other members (Again, subject to change).
04. Post at least five (5) icons in each batch you share.
05. Use LJ-cuts. Fake cuts are allowed as long as you specify that the link will lead to another journal. If you choose to link out of this community, do not make your icon posts "Friends Only" please, kind of defeats the purpose.
06. Nudity is allowed, but nothing pornographic. Yaoi/Yuri is allowed as long as LJ-cuts are used and appropriate warnings are given. If you are using foul language, put those icons behind a cut. Let people know about these circumstances in the post before they click on the lj-cut.
07. Don't post icons you made three years ago. Make sure the icons are relatively new. After all, it's always fun to make icons regardless!
08. We don't have "themes" here like many other icontest communities do, simply because the volume of icons here is much less. However, we do have a few challenges. You must have at least one icon for each of the following:  Black/White icon (At least 80% B/W) and  Animated icon (Exception: For those that can't animate, a non 100 x 100 icon)
09. Please try to post in the following format when you are sharing your icons:
10. Questions? Comments? Feel free to comment with them here. We love feedback.